Saturday, June 22, 2013

Salt Lake City - Day 5


Today was the day the kids have been waiting for since we got to Salt Lake...Lagoon!  It's a amusement park on the north side of town.  Margie and Alex joined us.  I don't mind roller coasters, but the older I get, the more motion sick I get, so I didn't not go on too many.  Nikki, on the other hand, was my dare devil.  She went on the scariest of them all, probably ones that I would not go on even if I didn't get sick.  Thankfully Alex was there to be her ride buddy.

She went on Wicked.  Ugh!  I was nervous just watching her on that thing. 

She went on the Rocket, the kind that takes you to the top and drops you down.

She went on the Samurai. Alex is on the far left and Nikki is next to her.  
 Here's a video of part of the ride:




Here is what the rest of us did while waiting for our dare devil.


We all went on the rapids ride.  That one is a lot of fun and I was dry, until the end then the boat turned just as it went under the water fall and got drenched.

And there's the log ride.  Ethan and I sat out to dry and everyone else went on the log ride.  They got drenched once again and Margie and Stan learned a physics lesson...the weight in the middle of the boat causes a tidal wave that drenches everyone in the boat.

If you are ever in Salt Lake City Lagoon is a lot of fun and relatively inexpensive.  

After we got home, we picked up my grandma and went to my aunt and uncle's house for a dinner.  My cousin and her family were also there and it was a nice time visiting.

Nikki and my aunt's dog, Tag

After dinner, it was home again and time to pack for our long trip tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment