Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Salt Lake City - Day 1

We left Las Vegas early Sunday morning, but first had to stop to celebrate Stan's favorite meal, breakfast, in honor of Father's Day.   We found a highly recommended cafe just a few miles from our hotel.  It was a good breakfast.  Nikki ordered something fun...a S'mores pancake.  It was so big and super sweet looking.  I had to get a photo of it.  Obviously she couldn't finish it.


Our drive to SLC was pretty easy.  The speed limit is 80 for most of the trip and made good time.

We are staying at my grandma's house.  It's amazing how little things have changed there.  I remember spending my summers there when I was little.  The house doesn't look quite as big as it used to though. I asked her about the house.  She and my grandpa bought it circa 1960 (she couldn't remember the exact year) for $19,000 and are the original owners.  I'm so glad we are staying with her.  She's 87 and the only grandparent Stan and I have left.

This is my grandma's house (with Grandma standing in her driveway)




1 comment: