Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 4 - Our Last Day


Our last day in San Diego was kind of on our own.  Steve and Barb and the girls (and husbands and kids) were heading to Balboa Park and Papa and Nana wanted to stay in and rest, so we headed to Seaport Village, since that's one of Nikki's favorite places and she didn't get to go the day before.
Stan and Ethan decided to go to do a tour of the Midway while Nikki and I shopped.  

One of my favorite things in San Diego is the Farmer's Market in Little Italy.  Unfortunately it is only on Saturdays and we were not going to be there on a Saturday, so I researched a good farmer's market and the one at Imperial Beach had good reviews.  After a couple of hours of shopping/touring, we hopped in the car and headed south to Imperial Beach.  I've never been there before.  It's one of those places that I'm glad I went, but probably won't bother going back.  



The farmer's market wasn't very impressive.  It was very small.  I think there were only 2 table of produce in all and the selection wasn't that great.  Maybe it was the wrong time of year.  But, there was a nice pier, so we walked to the end of the pier.  We saw a sea lion swimming in the ocean and a lot of surfers and fishermen.  We ended up buying a bag of kettle corn, which was really yummy.

After a short stay in IB, we drove back to San Diego via Coronado.  It was a nice scenic route.  We saw the Navy SEALS training facility and of course my favorite, Coronado.  

We headed home to rest and clean up because we were all going out to celebrate my Mother and Father In Law's 60th wedding anniversary with dinner at the Old Town Mexican Cafe.  We got seated right away and had good service and good food.  If you've never been there, the food is great. My favorite is the carnitas.  Ethan even bravely attempted to order his dinner en Espanol and although it wasn't perfect, the waiter understood him.  (does that count as extra credit, Senora Miller?)  

The whole crew at dinner

Papa and Nana with 2 of their great grandkids, Hadley and Zach

Nana and Nikki


The guys went to a Padres game after dinner.  They had a good time, but didn't stay for the whole game.  It ended up bring a 17 inning game.



The girls and kids went to Seaport Village.  I know, it was my 3rd time in 2 days, but that's where everyone wanted to go.  It was nice walking around anyway.  I was a little nervous because I actually had to drive, but thanks to GPS, we made it there and back safely.

We got home, put the kids to bed, then I packed up knowing we had to leave in the morning to head home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment