Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Sea Life Park - Hawaii day 5

I told everyone when I was planning this trip to pick an activity they really wanted to do.  Nikki said she would like to swim with the dolphins.  So, today was her day.


Sea Life Park has been around since before I lived here.  They have a dolphin experience here and also a highly rated luau, so we made Sunday Sea Life Park Day.

We got to Sea Life Park when it opened. I was a bit disappointed as I was comparing it to how it used to be.  There used to be a big aquarium that you walked down into.  Its still there but its a shark tank and not a ton of different species of fish.  There used to be ongoing shows going on throughout the day.  Now there is one show a day per stage and nothing going on for about an hour or so after it opened.

One of the first places that opened was the aviary.  I like birds and there were cockatiel and love birds that we fed. I enjoyed that. After we fed the birds, it was time for Nikki to get ready for the dolphins. While Stan took her to the meeting area, Ethan and I walked around.  I told him about how once when I was in high school I was walking around the park and the dolphin in the holding area threw a ball to me. I threw it back and we played catch for five minutes or so.  Now everything was so closed off that that wouldnt happen.





Nikki spent about 45 minutes in her dolphin experience.  Her highlight was kissing the dolphin and petting her.


There were no trade winds that day, so it was hot and humid out.  We stayed for the dolphin show and were ready to head home to cool off and rest since we were returning that evening for the luau.

The luau ended up being one of the highlights of our trip.  It was so much fun and I highly recommend the one at Sea Life Park if you go.










No comments:

Post a Comment