Friday, July 5, 2019

Maui - Hawaii Day 8 &9

We left Oahu and Headed to Maui on Wednesday. Honolulu Airport was an absolute zoo and with my scooter, it was not.fun.  But we made it.

We got to our condo on Maui.  It is absolutely gorgeous with the best view.  The day we got in, there was a king tide and with the condo on the water, I actually felt sea sick, so.I had to sit inside.  Ethan went right into the water and Nikki and Stan were watching the turtles swim.  It was a low key day, just hanging out.
Where I sat

.
Pano of our balcony view



Thursday was the fourth of July. We had plans to go to Lahaina for the fireworks show that evening.  For something to do, we took a drive upcountry to see my parents old house.
.
My parents house in Kula

That afternoon we went to Lahaina to walk around.  Fireworks were scheduled for 8 pm and we had dinner reservations for later.  But once we started walking around, it got so crowded and with my scooter, I found it hard to navigate, not to mention that half of the shops had a step to get into, so I couldnt go in anyway.  It was hot and humid, so we ditched our fireworks p!an and headed to Kaanapali, a beach community just north.  We had a nice dinner at a restaurant on the beach and went home.  Ethan was anxious to get back in the water before.dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment