Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 1 - The Adventure Begins

Our first adventure of the summer began today.  We met at my niece's house and all 16 of us caravanned to San Diego to celebrate my Mother and Father In Law's 60th wedding anniversary.   Thankfully, it was pretty uneventful.  I had a fear of a tire blowing out on the drive, as it has the past two times we came here.  Thankfully, no mishaps and we all made it safely to beautiful San Diego.  It's amazing how much faster we arrived not pulling a big fifth wheel behind us.  And our kids are at an age where they put on headphones and we barely hear a peep out of them the whole trip.  I don't know if the other vehicles were are peaceful as ours (I suspect not).


The house we are staying at is gorgeous.  It's in a historical part of Mission Hills.  Yes, all 16 of us are staying in the same house.  We happen to be a pretty close-knit family and get along well.  And this house is big enough so everyone has their own space.  There are 3 bedrooms downstairs and 5 bedrooms upstairs, along with 5 bathrooms.  The backyard has a great play area for the little ones and a nice sitting area for those of us who just want to enjoy the 70 degree weather.  And of course there was enough space for Ethan to play catch.



Tomorrow, it is beach day.  I'm pretty excited.  I love the beach, although it's hard not to compare it to the beaches of Hawaii.  Brayden and I already planned to build a gigantic sand castle together, so hopefully I will be able to post our masterpiece.  


No comments:

Post a Comment